Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Blue Banners

I saw this card over at Rita's Creations this week and fell in love with the layout.  I decided to give a similar card a try and this is what I came up with.  I also decided to make this card for the color challenge over at colourQ so I've used Cool Caribbean, Tempting Turquoise, Pacific Point, Midnight Muse, and white for my color palette.  Since my order of new stamps came, I had to use one from the upcoming Spring catalog, so I used the diagonal striped banner from the new Hearts a Flutter stamp set.  I cut that out with the coordinating framelit die.  I also used that die for the turquoise polka dot banner, but that one is narrower so I just used the die for the bottom of it.  I think I'll get a lot of use out of this fun banner, and I love that it can be used for more masuline cards as well!  The smaller banners are all done with dies in the bitty banners framelits collection.  I added some textured stripes (with the stripes textured impressions folder) to the Pacific Point card stock, but unfortunately didn't show up in the photograph very well.  I stamped the greeting from Sassy Salutations and mounted everything on Midnight Muse card stock and tied some stitched Midnight Muse satin ribbon around it all. 



Pin It
colourQ

3 comments:

  1. Great card - I hope you'll link up at 52 Card Pickup this week!

    http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/12/52-card-pickup-week-49.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun card Shauna! Thanks for joining us this week at the colourQ.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh those banners are so much fun Shauna! Thank you so much for sharing with us this week at the colourQ!

    ReplyDelete