Monday, October 22, 2012

Banner Birthday Cake

We have a birthday coming up in our family.  In fact, I need to get busy and make some birthday party invitations!  When I saw that sketch challenge on the Stampin' Royalty blog, I knew I wanted to make my card a birthday card.  I chose my colors (Melon Mambo, Daffodil Delight, and Lucky Limeade) and the Topsy-Turvy Celebration stamp set and went to work.  I love the Patterns Designer Series Paper Stacks, so I had to incorporate some of those papers (in Melon Mambo and Lucky Limeade) and I also used some of the Daffodil Delight paper from the Polka Dot Party dsp pack.  I tied some Daffodil Delight seam binding ribbon around my card and then added in some hand-cut pennants to make my birthday banner.  I stamped the greeting from the Made for You set and punched it with the oval and scalloped oval punch and adhered it with some Stampin' Dimensionals.  I think a special someone in my family will like her birthday card, I know I do!


Top Picks
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. This is such a FUN CARD!! love it!! love the colors, the stamp, patterned paper, everything! Thanks for playing along with us for this weeks Stampin' Royalty Challenge!

    ReplyDelete