Friday, July 5, 2013

Sherbet Flavored Flowers

Don't these colors remind you of some nice cold sherbet?  That sounds pretty tasty to me right now!  I chose these colors for the card thanks to the challenge over at Hand Stamped Sentiments--Daffodil Delight, Crisp Cantaloupe, Pistachio Pudding, and Strawberry Slush.  All but the Daffodil Delight are new In Colors for 2013-2015 and I just love them!  I paired the color challenge with this week's sketch from Freshly Made Sketches.  Thanks for the great inspiration!

I stamped the flowers from the new Flower Shop stamp set and punched an additional flower out with the coordinating pansy punch (then raised it a bit with a Stampin' Dimensional).  I added some Pistachio leaves that I cut with the Secret Garden Framelit to the raised flower.  If you've followed my blog for any length of time, you probably know that I add some Patterns Designer Series Paper or some texture from an embossing folder to almost every card--well, here I did both!  Designer Series Paper and Textured Impressions are my favorite accessories (and I love ribbon as well) so I added them all to this card to go along with the SUO Challenge.  I used some of the new In Color (Strawberry Slush) Patterns DSP in the polka dot pattern along with the polka dot embossing folder to create my background.  I separated the two with some Daffodil Seam Binding ribbon.  Hope you enjoy!

Pin It

10 comments:

  1. I popped over from SCS and enjoyed your 4th card, and then saw this one! Great colors for summer! Fun layout and floral stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These colors do remind me of sherbet! I could use some of that too! I love the randomly stamped flowers and how you combined polka dotted embossing with the polka dotted DSP. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Those colours are so vibrant and so much fun together! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very Cute!!! Perfect summer card!!! Great layers and texture!!! Love the new in colors- and yes does remind me of sherbet also!!! Thanks for playing along with HSS, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're right, these colors are like rainbow sherbet. I love your layout and details. Thanks for adding your creativity to our color challenge at Hand Stamped Sentiments. Smiles, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, so cute! I am falling more and more in love with this set! I am so loving your card, thanks so much for sharing with us at HSS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, sherbet! That's exactly how I describe these pretty new colors. So many pretty details here, and I think my favorite touch is the dot paper and embossed dots, they look so good together! Thanks for joining in at HSS :) Erika

    ReplyDelete
  8. mmmmmm......sherbet........sweet summery card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love these colors...screams summer! Great job with the accessory challenge at SUO Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun and happy card! LOVE your colors and great use of accessories. Thanks for joining the SUO challenge!

    ReplyDelete