Saturday, December 1, 2012

Candy Cane Stripes

I feel like it has been forever since I participated in a blog challenge!  It's probably only been a couple of weeks, but I've missed them--and my creating time.  Thanksgiving and my Christmas Card Buffet took my time away, so I haven't had much time to sit down and just create, but I managed to get a little time in today.  I decided to start by participating in the current sketch challenge at Freshly Made Sketches.  I wanted to keep my card clean, and bold, so I limited the amount of color on it.  I chose Cherry Cobbler and Very Vanilla for my colors and then started to create.  I knew I wanted to mimic the stripes on the candy canes, so I turned to my trusty Patterns Designer Series Paper and used some of the Cherry Cobbler stripes for my background.  I've definitely decided that the Scentsational Seasons set is my favorite Christmas set this year (as you can probably tell by the number of times I've used it thus far), so I used the candy canes from that set for my main image.  I cut those out with the coordinating framelits and then layered them on a Cherry Cobbler circle that textured with the chevron embossing folder and then punched with the 2-1/2" circle punch.  That is layered on a scalloped circle that was cut from the Perfect Pennants big shot die and is then mounted with some Stampin' Dimensionals so that it stands out from the card a little.  The banners are all cut with the Bitty Banners framelits--funny thing is I didn't think I'd use those framelits a lot when I first got them, boy was I wrong!  I stamped the greeting from Teeny Tiny Wishes and then finished of my card with a Very Vanilla seam binding ribbon bow around the candy canes. 


Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Love the Christmas feel of this! Very pretty card!
    Thanks for joining us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete