Thursday, August 2, 2012

In Color Summer Silhouettes

I'm a bit behind on stamping and blogging, but I'm trying to catch up.  Last week my Stampin' Up! order came and I'm excited to start using the new stamps and ribbons that I ordered.  Two of the new sets are Sweet Essentials and Summer Silhouettes, which I used in this card.  Sweet Essentials is a great word set that has a variety of greetings in a simple, and not too bold, font.  I chose the "friends" stamp for this card.  I love how you can build a garden with the Summer Silhouettes set, so that's what I did with Gumball Green, Summer Starfruit, and Raspberry Ripple.  These colors are the color challenge at Stampin' Royalty right now.  I used my petals-a-plenty embossing folder on the gumball green card stock and then mounted it on white before mounting it on my favorite patterns dsp (the In Color stack) and finally onto a raspberry card base.  I also wanted to use my new ribbon, so I tied a bit of the raspberry ripple stitched satin ribbon around my main layer.  I really like these colors together, they are so rich and so pretty!




Top Picks Pin It

2 comments:

  1. You rocked these colours. Fabulous card. Thanks for joining us at Stampin' Royalty this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Card!!! That stamp in on my next order list! Along with the ribbons to match the in colors...

    ReplyDelete