Saturday, March 2, 2013

Fresh Owl Thanks

I've been asked to make some cards with owls on them for a friend of mine.  I decided to use the current sketch from  Freshly Made Sketches to help get my creative juices flowing.  The sun came out this weekend and helped melt some of the 3 feet of snow in my front yard, so I chose a color palette to go along with the Spring fever I'm getting--so I used Melon Mambo, Garden Green, and Daffodil Delight.

I couldn't think of any current Stampin' Up! Owl stamps in my collection, but I did remember this great owl from the Punch Bunch set (from a previous Sale-a-Bration).  I love the bold owl and I especially like that he fits in the owl punch!  I punched a 2-1/2" daffodil circle and adhered it to my white card stock and ran those through the square lattice embossing folder in the Big Shot.  It's fun how embossing a couple of layers together makes them appear like a seamless panel.  I cut the leaves with the leaves sizzlit die and snipped off a few leaves to make more room for the owl.  I added some Garden Green polka dot Patterns DSP to the side and then layered that and the white panel onto Daffodil Delight and then onto the Melon Mambo card base.  My greeting pennant is stamped with the Made for You stamp set and is hand-cut and layered onto Garden Green.  Stay tuned for a few more owl cards in the next few days!
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. I love this card Shauna! Such clean lines and beautiful bright colors! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a sweet card! I love the colors and texture. Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete