Monday, July 9, 2012

Summer Cake Stack

Ooooh, these colors just scream Summer!  We're in the midst of hot summer 90+ degree days around here.  These colors are so rich and juicy, they make such a great trio!  They (lucky limeade, calypso coral, and daffodil delight) are the color challenge this week over at The Paper Players.  Thanks for the great color combo!  My calypso coral ink pad has been very neglected until just recently, now it is one of my favorite colors!

For my card, I used the Topsy-Turvy Celebration set and made a 4-layer cake.  Instead of adding the typical candles at the top of the cake, I used the bow stamp from the same set.  I embellished the cake a bit with flowers that I cut out (also from the same set).  The top layer of the cake is actually the same stamp as the next two layers, but I masked off a side of it so that it wouldn't be as wide.  The greeting comes from my fav Sassy Salutations set and I stamped it directly on the patterned paper.  I've combined the Polka Dot Parade designer series paper with my traditional patterns designer series paper for the prints. I added a bit of white card stock that I punched with the scallop edge punch to the daffodil papers.  Lately I've gotten into not having my card base be plain, so I've run this one through my big shot with the polka dot textured impressions folder to pick up on the dot theme on this card.  Hope you enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. Oh wow! This is utterly FABulous!! These colours work so perfectly with that cake image and the bow on top really finishes it off with a flourish! Thanks for playing along with the Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun! Love your designer cake and big bow on top! Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute and fun! Great choice of DSP!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just absolutely adorable! I keep going back to look at it again and again! I love how you made the top layers smaller, and the bow is the perfect embellishment. I love anything polka dotted, too, so this is right up my alley! JUST LOVE IT! Thanks for playing along with us at the Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love your style! so glad I stumbled on your blog :)

    ReplyDelete