Friday, April 3, 2015

Soft Cantaloupe Painted Petals

Yesterday I finally got the chance to sit down and stamp and work on some blog challenges.  I took advantage of the time when the little one was napping and the others were happily playing together (it's Spring Break around here).  I need to have my little stamping escapes more often.  I was only interrupted a couple of times and some of the time I did the interrupting when I chose to go upstairs to remind the kiddos to play quietly (I did NOT want nap time to end prematurely).  I almost felt like I was on Spring Break since I was ignoring most Mommy responsibilities, too bad it only lasted an hour. 

I knew it was time to play along with a couple of challenges once again, maybe someday I'll be able to play weekly, but I'll take what I can get for now.  I paired the color challenge from Pals Paper Arts (Pistachio Pudding, Crisp Cantaloupe, and Kraft/Crumb Cake) along with the inspiration challenge from Just Add Ink and came up with this card.  I love the softness of Crisp Cantaloupe and Pistachio Pudding (both 2013-2015 In Colors) and hope that we may see them come back after their 2 year time is over.  I stamped the roses from the Painted Petals stamp set and layered them on some Crisp Cantaloupe card stock, then tied some soft Crumb Cake seam binding around it before layering it onto some Pistachio Pudding.  I textured the Crumb Cake card base with the Spring Flowers embossing folder.  I stamped "you are amazingly amazing" in Crumb Cake (it's also in the Painted Petals set) and punched it with the Designer Label punch.  I'm planning to stamp up a bunch of cards to give away at Mother's Day and think this is a card I should definitely create more of.  It feels so soft and calming and seems so perfect for Mother's Day.  I'd better get started, just over a month to go!

  Pin It
PPA246
PPAPickBadge(1)

8 comments:

  1. So soft and pretty Shauna! Love the colours and the embossed background is so pretty!Beautiful card! Thanks for joining us this week at Just Add Ink

    ReplyDelete
  2. The soft colours, and embossed background, are just beautiful Shauna. So glad you found the time to stamp! Thanks for joining in the fun at Just Add Ink. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty! The colors worked perfectly for the flowers! Glad you joined us at PPA!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a lovely card! Thanks for sharing it with the PPA this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh I adore the softness of those pretty flowers!!! You've done a fab job interpreting the inspiration photo at Just Add Ink this week.

    Trish
    JAI Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so soft and pretty! I'm hoping the colors come back as well. Thanks for joining us this week at Pals Paper Arts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This a brilliant result for one hour of crafting time Shauna. Love the texture in the background and the gentle softness of the flowers. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The texture of the seam binding ribbon and the shape of the punch (for the sentiment) add warmth and softness to this card. Great overall coordination!

    ReplyDelete