Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Dots and Stripes Christmas

The challenge over at Just Add Ink is a theme challenge to just add something new!  The Polka Dot Parade Designer Series Paper is my favorite pack of paper, it was new with the current Stampin' Up! catalog.  I love the boldness of the white polka dots.  I combined it with the stripes of the patterns dsp for this card.  The polka dots in red mimic the polka dots on the Christmas tree from the Scentsational Season stamp set (my favorite new set in the Holiday catalog).  I stamped the greeting from the Embellished Events set.  This is a simple card to stamp, just two stamps punched out with the 2-1/2" circle punch.  The majority of the time spent on this card is just creating the layers, which doesn't take too long either--I love quick cards!  My colors are Real Red and Gumball Green (new In Color this year).  The white flags are 1/2 of the larger banner from the Bitty Banners framelits (new in the current catalog).  I textured the background with the polka dot embossing folder and tied some Gumball Green stitched satin ribbon around the card before adhering my stamped layer with some Stampin' Dimensionals.  I love using new products and finding ways to mix them with old products for great results!
JAI Badge 2011 HONORABLE MENTION!

Pin It

5 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous Christmas card, Shauna! Love how you've used the contrasting papers (must get me that Polka Dot DSP - it's adorable!). Thanks for playing along with us at Just Add Ink this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic card for Christmas. I love all the shapes in this layout. Chantell JAI

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great Christmas card Shauna! Love your use of the dot dsp (you've added to my gotta get list now!). Love the crispness of your card, great colour combo and great layout too. Thanks for playing with us at JAI this week. (Oh and enabling me to buy more stuff :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card Shauna and thanks for the reminder to put the Polka dot paper on my next SU shopping list. Thanks for joining in with us at JAI this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card Shauna. Love the scentsational seasons stamp set. Great layout on your card too :)

    ReplyDelete