Friday, January 4, 2013

Subtle Blooms

Have you checked out the new Stampin' Up! 2013 Spring Catalog?  I've been posting some sneak peeks over the last month, and now the catalog is live!  No more "sneak peeks" just some fun samples of products that everyone can get their hands on now.  This card uses the new Stampin' Up! Secret Garden stamp set along with the Secret Garden framelits (I used them to cut out the flower at the bottom--sure beats having to tediously cut with scissors).  I wanted some color inspiration for this set, so I turned to my talented friends at Stampin' Royalty and joined in on the latest color challenge.  This week's challenge was to use Not Quite Navy, Crumb Cake, Soft Suede, and Very Vanilla.  I think the colors are very striking together and I loved having the inspiration as I don't think I'd come up with this palette on my own.  It gives a calm and subtle feel to the card.  It was a little out of my comfort zone to not use green on a floral card, but I love the results!

I stamped my flowers and leaves on some Very Vanilla card stock and then layered that panel on Soft Sued and Not Quite Navy.  I then added some Crumb Cake seam binding ribbon (love that stuff--just wish it came in more colors)!  I layered that onto some striped Crumb Cake Patterns Designer Series Paper and then onto my Crumb Cake card base.  I wanted this card to "pop" a little, so I stamped a flower and cut it with the coordinating framelit and then adhered it to the card with a Stampin' Dimenional.  Finally, I stamped the "thank you" from Sassy Salutations with Soft Suede ink onto the striped paper.  I hope you enjoy this idea using the Secret Garden stamp set.  Watch for more ideas soon!


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment