Monday, July 25, 2011

Flower Fest Trio

One of my new favorite stamp sets is the Flower Fest set (which debuted in the Summer Mini but is also in the 2011-2012 Idea Book and Catalog).  I love the fun floral images that coordinate with so many of our punches.  I remember the days of carefully cutting around stamped images so that flowers and such could be layered on a card--thank goodness those days are mostly gone.  I don't have time for that anymore!  I'm lucky that I had an hour or so on Saturday to sit down and stamp a handful of cards.  My new stamps have just been calling to me so that I'd use them and I was happy to get the chance to do so!

This card uses the Flower Fest stamp set and the Sincere Salutations set.  I used the 3/4" circle punch and the Fancy Flower Punch for the blossoms.  The leaves were punched with the 5 Petal Flower punch and the greeting uses the oval and scalloped oval punches.  Colors are Pear Pizazz, So Saffron, Pink Pirouette, and Melon Mambo.  I did see a card similar to this that I used for inspiration and modified a little (sorry, I don't know the original artist to give credit to, but thank you to whomever made the card that inspired me).

No comments:

Post a Comment