Saturday, February 16, 2013

Bloomin' Sweet and Simple

A friend of mine came over the other day and was looking through some of my old cards.  She came across one that I had made several years ago and asked me to make more like that for her.  It was a simple card without too many layers or embellishments, but it was fun and colorful.  She liked the simplicity of the card as well as the fact that it didn't have too many layers.  I looked at the card and realized that it had been a long time since I had used that layout, so it was time to re-create the idea.  It's funny how I can get stuck in a style or a layout and then not use it again for such a long time.  Here's what I came up with.

The layout uses a 2" stamped panel along the side and then a square or rectangle panel mounted and layered on top.  Simple, colorful, fun, and flat (aka easy to mail).  I used the new Bloomin' Marvelous stamp set that is available for another month through Sale-a-Bration (free with a $50 order).  I stamped the images in bright colors--Melon Mambo, Daffodil Delight, Gumball Green, and Tempting Turquoise.  I added a sublte background on the Tempting Turquoise card stock by stamping color-on-color butterflies all over it.  I'm sure I'll be coming back to this simple layout again soon!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment