Monday, February 25, 2013

Textured Heart Tri-fold

Today I have a fun new card design to show you.  I saw this fun idea at a group meeting with other demonstrators and I had to try it out for myself!  Instead of just taking a half sheet of card stock and folding it in half, I made a tri-fold card.  This card measures 4-1/4"x11" which is half a sheet of card stock the long way, and then is scored at 4-1/4" and 8-1/2".  I stamped some hearts from the new Hearts a Flutter set that is in the Spring 2013 Stampin' Up! Catalog and cut them out with the coordinating framelits.  I kept my colors simple--just Melon Mambo and White.  After folding the card, I took my 1-3/8" circle punch and punched on top of the fold.  I then used my new small scallop circle punch on white and glued it to the bottom of the card (see photo below) before layering some hearts on top.  That way the hearts pop up above the card when it is all folded.  I used my scallop edge punch along the edge and wanted to help it stand out so I added a small strip of white card stock that I also punched with the scallop edge punch.  I textured the top section of the card with the perfect polka-dots embossing folder and then tied some of the Melon Mambo striped grosgrain ribbon around it to finish it off.  Inside I added a 4" square of white for writing on.  I've had a request to do a card like this for my next stamp class, so stay tuned for another idea!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment