Friday, May 29, 2015

Bright and Bold Build a Birthday

I just typed out the title for this post "Bright and Bold Build a Birthday" and that's a lot of Bs!  I figured that was the best description of this bright summery card.  We've got one week left of school around here, but things are definitely winding down.  I'm not sure what we'll be doing all summer besides a lot of swimming.  Hopefully I can manage to do more stamping with all of the kiddos around.  Maybe we'll be stamping together during naptime.

This card features NEW STAMPS and NEW IN COLORS!!!  I used the Build a Birthday set that is in the new 2015-2016 Stampin' Up Catalog that starts next Monday.  Even after 17 years of being a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator (yikes! has it been that long?), I still get excited for new catalogs!  I used the new In Colors Watermelon Wonder and Cucumber Crush along with some trusty old favorites--Daffodil Delight and Tempting Turquoise.  I stamped the "make a wish" from the Perfect Pennants stamp set.  The letter a is stamped and then punched out with the 1/2" circle punch.  I made the banner out of Watermelon Wonder card stock by punching a strip of paper on each side with the hexagon punch.  The candles are tied up with some Daffodil Delight cotton ribbon.  To mimic the cucumber and turquoise candles, I textured the turquoise background with the Decorative Dots embossing folder.

Today's card was inspired by the current challenge over at Stampin' Royalty.  The challenge is "what's old is new again" so I looked through my old cards for some inspiration.  I found this card that I made last year and used it as my "before" and my new card is the "after."  Hope you enjoy!


 Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Great job on the What's Old is New challenge at www.stampinroyalty.blogspot.com
    I'm so glad you played along with us!

    ReplyDelete