Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Stampin' Up! Coral Blue Watercolor Wings

This week I had a few minutes to try out more new stamps.  Today's card features the new Watercolor Wings photopolymer set along with the new Fluttering embossing folder.

This week's challenge at Stampin' Royalty is a color challenge (Lost Lagoon, Soft Sky, Crumb Cake, and Calypso Coral).  Sometimes I get stuck in a rut and stick with the same few colors, so it's fun to play along and try out some new color combos.  I used the four challenge colors along with some white card stock and ink and this is what I came up with.

I stamped the solid butterfly from the Watercolor Wings stamp set with my Whisper White craft ink to help the butterflies stand out a little on the Crumb Cake card stock.  For the blue butterflies, I stamped the inner layer with Soft Sky and the outline layer with Lost Lagoon.  For the coral butterfly, I stamped another inner layer as well as the outline layer in Calypso Coral.  For the greeting I stamped it in white first and then in Lost Lagoon (the white helps it stand out a bit).  I textured the Soft Sky card stock with the Fluttering embossing folder and added some Calypso Coral seam binding ribbon around it before mounting it onto the Crumb Cake card base.

 I know the Watercolor Wings set has a lot of potential and I can't wait to try it out some more.  Check back soon for more ideas :)


 Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment