Saturday, July 18, 2015

Stampin' Up! Remarkable You Flower

Lately I've been able to play with the new In Colors a bit more and I'm finding a lot of color combinations that I like with them.  Today's card uses Mint Macaroon and Watermelon Wonder, and is inspired by the Photo Inspiration Challenge over at Stampin' Royalty.  Since there were so many fun things in the new Stampin' Up! Catalog and my budget was limited, I didn't get a chance to order the new In Color Markers yet.  I was kicking myself after ordering this set, but then I realized that I could pull out my (long forgotten) trusty blender pens.  I colored the flower image in by squeezing the ink pads so that some color was on the lid and then I picked up the color with the blender pen.  I think I should do this more often because it allows me to get varying shades of the color as opposed to the single color from the markers (see the flower petals with a bit of shading).

I mounted my stamped panel on Watermelon Wonder and Basic Black, then tied some white stitched ribbon around it.  I added a strip of Mint Macaroon card stock along the side of my white card base and then ran the whole thing through my Big Shot with the Fluttering embossing folder.
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. What a great card, and I agree with you sometimes it's good not to have all the crafting things you would like, as that forces you to be creative and you might discover something that works really well. It most certainly worked very well for your gorgeous card! Thank you for joining us over at Stampin' Royalty for our picture inspiration, we hope to see you soon again! Karola, Guest DT, InvisiblePinkCards

    ReplyDelete