Thursday, July 30, 2009

Crazy for Cupcakes


Here's another card that I made today that was inspired by the Clean and Simple challenge on splitcoast. This fit with the challenge to make a clean and simple birthday card. I think this has a clean look, but it wasn't as simple as others because it uses a few strips of designer series paper and the stamp requires coloring too. It was still pretty easy to make.

I used the Crazy for Cupcakes set and colored it with Stampin' Write markers. If I had it to do again, I may switch the icing to yellow, green just doesn't seem quite right (but I wanted to stick with just purple & green). Colors are old olive, certainly celery, orchid opulence, and rich razzleberry which all match the Cottage Wall DSP. I love how the SU! catalog tells you which colors match the designer series paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment