Wednesday, July 29, 2009

In Color Butterflies


I decided to get some new inspiration for some cards, so I went over to splitcoast and checked out the current challenges. This is the first time that I have participated in one of the challenges, but it is great fun and it helps inspire me, so I think I'll try to do some challenge each week. The challenge I did was today's Sketch Challenge. They show a sketch of a card and then you make what you want. Today's sketch had the 3 squares offset from the center and then mounted on a strip (like I did on my card). So fun!

I used the Flight of the Butterfly stamp set, one that I've had for a year, but really haven't used much. I just got Stampin' Up!'s butterfly punch, which fits this set, so I think I'll be using it a lot more now. It is so fun to play with new toys! I used the butterfly punch, the 1-1/4" square punch, and the 1-3/8" square punch. The butterflies are stamped in Melon Mambo, Crushed Curry, and Bermuda Bay--all 3 are new In Colors. The paper is Bashful Blue, Gable Green, Pretty in Pink, and Barely Banana (with some white & black). I tied the black gingham ribbon around the card to finish it off. What do you think of my first attempt at a sketch challenge?

No comments:

Post a Comment