Friday, August 21, 2009

Variety Class Project #2


In addition to the basket I posted yesterday, we made a couple of cards, gift cards, a mini album, and a fun box (pictures to come).

Here is one of the 3x3 gift cards that we made. Gift cards are great and you can cut 8 of them out of one piece of 12x12 card stock. I used the Garden Greetings stamp set (it IS still available, even though it isn't in the current catalog--it is on the dormant list). I stamped the flower in Melon Mambo and then punched it out with the 1-3/4" circle punch and then cut the wedges out of it (I found this to be much easier than cutting out the whole flower with scissors). I stuck the flower on with a Stampin' Dimensional. I put a 3/4" strip of the Melon Mambo patterns paper across the card and tied a bit of chocolate grosgrain around it before gluing it down. Above the strip of paper I stamped the line of dots from the same stamp set in Melon Mambo and then stamped the Get Well Soon in Chocolate Chip below the strip. I love Stampin' Up!'s 3x3 mini envelopes, so I had to stamp the flower on that too in order to make it a matching set.

No comments:

Post a Comment