Saturday, November 10, 2012

Patterned Boy Birthday


My mom has mentioned a few times that she'd really like me to make her more cards.  Sometimes she sees my card samples and reminds me that she needs some birthday cards, so today I decided to get with it and stamp some for her.  I wanted to try out the color combo from Just Add Ink and I figured a birthday card would be a great way to use the colors.  I have a tendency to stamp with more feminine colors, so combo (Tangerine Tango, Marina Mist, Sahara Sand, and Early Espresso) was a great way to get me to make some boy birthday cards that my mom can use.  I started with the Tangerine card base and textured it with the Chevron Textured Impressions folder.  I stamped my panel with the Patterned Party set and then speckled it with an Early Espresso Stampin' Write Marker and my color spritzer.  I like the speckled look and it helps fill in some of the white space.  I layered that panel onto Marina Mist and Early Espresso and then tied it all together with some Early Espresso stitched grosgrain.  I stamped the "happy birthday" from the Happiest Birthday Wishes set and then cut it into a banner shape by using a square punch at an angle.  Now I've got a stack of boy cards, next up for my mom will be some girl cards.



Pin It

5 comments:

  1. You are right. This colour combo is great for boy's cards. I am sure your mum will be pleased.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's funny how mums employ our talents for their needs! I suppose it's the least we can do! My mum loves getting a collection of cards for her 'card box'! I need to remember to make double so I can keep some for myself! Lovely card & nice use of this colour combo.
    Louise X
    P.S - I'm a follower now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a bright, cheery birthday card, really portrays a party atmosphere. Thanks for joining in at Just Add Ink this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely Birthday card - I love the balloons and the speckles. Chantell JAI

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shauna, this is gorgeous! What a fun card - you've used the challenge colours so well. Thanks for playing along with us at Just Add Ink this week!

    ReplyDelete