Sunday, November 25, 2012

Primary Pinwheels

I gave my mom a whole box of stamped cards for her birthday this month.  She has been asking for cards for a while and wanted some birthday and then some all occasion cards (cards without words on them).  I stamped several cards in a few designs of birthday cards for her and then went to work on the all occasion cards.  I'm finding that I have a hard time not putting words on cards.  This card uses primary colors (real red, daffodil delight, tempting turquoise, and pacific point) and the pinwheel stamps from the Sweets for the Sweet stamp set.  Once I had everything stamped, mounted, and a ribbon tied around it, it was missing something.  I textured the background with the perfect polka dot embossing folder and it was still missing something.  Do you know what that something was?  Words.  Yep, I just couldn't leave it blank, so I turned to the Made for You stamp set and used the "especially for you" stamp.  I figured these words were harmless enough, they could be used for anything.  Birthdays.  Hello.  Congrats.  Whatever.  That way I could add the words and still have it be an all occasion card.  I'll keep trying to make some wordless cards, but sometimes the words just help finish off the card. 

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment