Thursday, November 1, 2012

Fall For You

Halloween is over and we have too many treats in the house.  My daughter was sad when she changed out of her costume last night until I told her that she could dress up in it again--I guess we don't do dress-ups enough at our house and we need to make them a more common occurrence.  My toddler grabbed his trick-or-treat sack (that was empty) first thing this morning and put it on over his shoulder, walked to the door, and said "more treats" hoping to go outside and repeat last night's adventure.  I think he liked it.  I'm wondering if we go visit grandma at work again if he will walk around to all of her co-workers hoping for treats like he got there yesterday.  Halloween and especially the trick-or-treating really made an impression on him.  Now it's time to enjoy the remainder of Autumn before the snows set in.  Hopefully we'll continue having beautiful days like the past week and if it snows I hope it is short lived.  Last year it was cool, but dry at the beginning of January.  We did make a snowman, only it was with sidewalk chalk, which is fine with me.  Normally we're stuck with cold and inversion, so I'm hoping that Winter doesn't come too soon.

So, since I'm hoping to enjoy a lot more of the Fall season, I decided to share this card with you.  I used the Day of Gratitude stamp set along with the set called A Word for You to create this.  My colors are Tangerine Tango, Lucky Limeade, and Elegant Eggplant.  I stamped the greeting and then punched it with the oval punch and scalloped oval punch.  I also used the paper piercing tool along with the paper piercing pack to poke a border above and below my stamped panel on the eggplant card stock (sorry, it's hard to see in the photo).  Happy Fall!  I hope you get to enjoy some beautiful weather around where you live too!

No comments:

Post a Comment