Thursday, April 25, 2013

Label Love Birthday Candles

NEW STAMPS!!!  It's so fun to get new stamps.  I haven't had a lot of stamping time lately, but I had to try out some of my new stamps and colors.  One of the perks of being a demonstrator is having the opportunity to get some new products before the new catalog goes live on May 31.  I got the new In Colors, the Label Love stamp set, and the coordinating Artisan Label punch and had to try them out!

This card uses the new Coastal Cabana color (the candles are cut from that card stock and the stamp is inked with Coastal Cabana).  The background is Bermuda Bay, one of the new core colors (used to be an In Color and I'm so glad to have it back).  I ran that card base through my Big Shot with the polka dot embossing folder to give it a little pattern and texture.  I cut the candle flames with the Bird Builder punch in Daffodil Delight card stock.  The card needed a little ribbon to tie it all together, so I used my trusty white stitched grosgrain.  Hope you enjoy this sneak peek.  I can't wait to try out more new products (and I especially can't wait until May 31st when I can order ANY of the new items in the catalog)!
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. I love how you made the candles! Did you freehand them?
    ~Anne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, just purposely cut them crooked on my paper cutter.

      Delete