Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Sympathy in Green

When I was making some sets of cards for a friend, she asked me to make some Sympathy cards as well.  I wanted to keep the design simple and clean, so I decided to use just one color along with white (which goes along with the SUO Challenge this week).  I knew I wanted to use the Just Believe stamp set and decided that green was the perfect color to pair with the set.  I stamped my main image in Wild Wasabi and then did some layering to frame the image--on Certainly Celery, white, and Wild Wasabi card stock.  I tied a bit of Wild Wasabi grosgrain ribbon around all of the layers and then adhered it to my card base (which is white card stock textured with the Elegant Lines embossing folder).  Finally, I added my sentiment (from a very old stamp set called More Great Greetings) and punched it with the decorative label punch.

  Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Very lovely, Shauna. Love all your greens! Thanks for joining SUO Challenges this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely sympathy card...love that folder with that image, too! Thanks for playing along with the SUO Monochromatic challenge!

    ReplyDelete