Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Hot Hot Hexagons

Doesn't this color combo just scream HOT to you?  It's supposed to be over 100 degrees here the next few days, so it is a perfect color combo for how it feels!  Good timing for this week's Dynamic Duos Challenge--Tangerine Tango and Cajun Craze.  I've had a bunch of blog challenge tabs open on my computer for the last few weeks with the intention to get downstairs and try them out with my stamps.  Unfortunately, I find myself clicking through the tabs and closing them once the links close, meaning no stamping time.  However, I escaped for a few minutes today and doubled my stamping productivity for the month (pretty sad, that means I made 2 cards for a total of 4 so far this month).  I sure hope I can get the ball rolling and stamp more often!  Why do these "lazy days of summer" just fly by and seem anything but lazy?!

I chose the Six Sided Sampler set for this card.  Orange is my little guy's favorite color, so I decided that this needed to be a non-girly card.  I looked at my stack of new sets and this set won the decision!  I love having sets that coordinate with punches--and even better this one also coordinates with the textured impressions embossing folder!  I started with my Cajun card base and added a layer of white and then Tangerine (textured with the embossing folder).  I also added a strip of Cajun mounted on White for a vertical element on the card.  I stamped my hexagons in Cajun Craze and Tangerine Tango, punched them and added them to the top and finally added my greeting (also in the Six Sided Sampler set).  Do you know how I made that a pennant shape?  I had a strip of white and used the hexagon punch to cut the end for the flag shape.  Have you ordered your new stamps yet?


Pin It  

No comments:

Post a Comment