Monday, January 26, 2015

Petal Potpourri Thanks

We've been having a strange Winter around here, but I'm not complaining.  It has been 10-20 degrees above normal for the past month or two and I'm loving it.  I wouldn't mind another 10 or 20 degrees :)  We typically have piles of snow that just won't melt and temperatures that don't go above freezing for weeks at a time.  I must say that I'm enjoying a bit of sunshine.  My little guy loves being able to go out and play (and I love not having to bundle him up in snow clothes).

Maybe it's the warmer temperatures and the lack of snow, but I'm ready to stamp with bright colors and forget the drab colors of Winter!  I think this card fits the bill.  I used the new Petal Potpourri set from the Occasions Catalog and stamped a background using Melon Mambo, Tangerine Tango, and Daffodil Delight.  Just the names of those colors are fun and cheerful!  I used the sketch over at Freshly Made Sketches to place my ribbon and greeting.  It's a great basic sketch and would work with just about anything!  I tied some daffodil delight seam binding around the card and then added my greeting.  For the punched layers on the greeting, I stamped words from the Crazy About You set and punched them with the oval punch, the scalloped oval, and finally the decorative label punch. 
 Pin It

2 comments:

  1. I wish my winter was going as well as yours! I'm looking at about two feet of snow being dumped in my yard over the next couple of days! So for me, it's a special treat to see such a bright and cheery card! Thanks for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally love these fabulous bright colours you've used on your card! It's a really wonderful fresh card. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete