Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Sale-a-Bration Thanks

It's the first day of Stampin' Up!'s Sale-a-Bration and it's about time that I get busy stamping!  Life sometimes throws a few curve balls that change priorities around a bit, but it's good to be back.  I'm not a big New Year's Resolution maker, but I am going to try to show my gratitude a little more this year.  In fact, I'm giving out my first two thank you notes today.  This is a quick one that I made for our amazing swimming teacher.  I intended to give a Christmas card to her, but life prevented that from happening.  I figure it's better late than never (although I changed it just to a "thanks" instead of a holiday card).  She is amazing and teaches all three of my children.  I couldn't ask for a better teacher!  We love hanging out at the pool year-round and having lessons is a good excuse to get us there.  I find it only appropriate that I used the color Lost Lagoon for this card--it's a good swimming-ish color, eh?

I made this quick and easy card using the Lost Lagoon card stock along with the coordinating Backgrounds DSP stack.  I textured the card base with the Polka Dot embossing folder (love those embossing folders)!  I added a 1/2 inch strip of the Dazzling Diamonds glimmer paper to bling the card a bit and then finally added my "thanks" using the Sale-a-Bration set called Simply Wonderful (you can get it for FREE with a $50 order).  I punched that with the decorative label punch and mounted it with some Stampin' Dimensionals.  Gotta love 5 minute cards!
 Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment