Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Patterned Party Presents


I don't know how people can blog daily.  I try.  I fail.  Life gets in the way.  This is supposed to be "a card a day" and in reality it is a card some days.  Oh well.  I won't give up.  It's better to get posts up when I can.  I've had four cards sitting on my kitchen counter for weeks, ready to be photographed and uploaded.  Why did they sit so long?  Kids, dishes, laundry, playtime, errands, cooking, etc.  Well, those were my excuses for a couple of weeks.  Then the piles came.  You know, those piles that show up on the kitchen counter and hide things at the bottom.  I uncovered that pile today and decided that now is the time to post the cards.  Stay tuned for the next few days for new blog posts.  Oh, and guess what!  I have the NEW CATALOG!  Maybe that is another excuse.  I love looking through the pages and imagining what I can create with the fabulous new products.  I've even been able to order a few sneak peek products.  Hopefully I'll manage to escape reality for a few and make some cards to post here.  June 1st is the day that I can order anything from the catalog, so I'll be sure to post some new cards in June.  Until then, I'll have to get creating!

Here's a card using the Patterned Party stamp set.  I'm always looking for birthday stamp sets, and while this set has been out for a year now, I still love coming up with new cards using it.  I colored the presents by coloring directly on the stamp with my Stampin' Write markers.  The greeting is from Curvy Verses.  The ribbon and patterned paper are Blushing Bride, which is retiring next week!  I'll miss that color. Other colors are Pear Pizazz (also retiring) and Wisteria Wonder.  I love the In Colors and am excited to start using the new in colors soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment