Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Polka Dot Balloons

I find that almost all of my cards are more feminine, with flowers or ribbons or "girly" colors.  Even when the colors may be more masculine, I have a hard time not adding a bit of ribbon to a  card to finish it off.  I made this card as part of a color combination challenge.  The challenge was to use Pumpkin Pie, Bashful Blue, and Night of Navy together.  I decided that this was a great color combo for a more masculine card, so I resisted the urge to dress it up or add any bling, and this is what I came up with.  In real life, the orange balloons do match the card stock, so it looks better in person.  I added a strip of my favorite paper--the patterns designer series paper in Night of Navy to the bottom of the card and then stamped the images and layered everything.  Pretty easy!  I think I'll have to try this same color combination in a girly card as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment