Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Solo Wisteria Butterfly

I love color challenges!  Why?  Because it is so nice to be able to grab a few ink pads, a few packs of card stock, a stamp set, and sit down and create.  I have limited amount of time to stamp because of my busy kiddos, so I like to take advantage of that time.  I can create a lot faster when I have a specific color palette to work with.  I'm also using a lot of colors that may not be my "go to" colors, and I'm finding that I'm liking some of the colors that I had neglected.  This palette is one of those that I wouldn't have naturally put together, but I LOVE the results! 

Over at Just Add Ink, the challenge is to use Wisteria Wonder, Crumb Cake, and Very Vanilla.  In the past, I generally used Crumb Cake only with darker colors, but I'm finding that it is great paired with some of the lighter colors as well--and this is one of them.  I stamped my floral butterfly from Stampin' Up!'s Papillon Potpourri set, punched it with the Elegant Butterfly punch, layered that on a wisteria circle textured with the Petals-a-Plenty embossing folder punched with the 1-3/4" circle punch, layered that on crumb cake 2-3/8" scallop circle, and layered that on a 2-1/2" vanilla circle.  Sigh, that was a long description :)  I used some polka dot paper in Crumb Cake from the Neutrals Patterns DSP pack and layered that on Vanilla and Wisteria and tied it all up with some Wisteria Ruffled Ribbon.  I stamped the greeting from Embellished Events and cut it with the larger banner in the Bitty Banners framelits.  My card base is Very Vanilla card stock with some Wisteria Wonder Patterns DSP on it.  There are a lot of layers on the card, but I love how they all really come together with the colors.  Have you tried a color challenge recently?



Pin It

6 comments:

  1. Shauna this is such a pretty card! You have used the colours beautifully. I love that butterfly done in wisteria, it looks wonderful against the embossing. Thanks for joining us at JAI this week and I'm glad our colour combo helped you to create something so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card Shauna. Love all your elements in this card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really beautiful, Shauna! Polka dots and butterflies - you can't go wrong with those two elements. Lovely use of colour. Thanks for playing along with us at Just Add Ink this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Shauna !! Love this soft and sweet color combo ... TFS !! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoy looking at your cards! I love the color combo on this butterfly card. Beautiful! I'm now following your blog and hope you'll follow mine at http://goinovertheedge.blogspot.com.

    Hugs,

    Terry

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card! Love the color combos, and the butterfly sets it off so nicely. Thanks so much for sharing it. Definitely a card I would CASE.

    ReplyDelete