Friday, July 13, 2012

Black and Red Wedding

I found this fun card sketch layout over at splitcoast (it's this week's sketch challenge) and decided that I needed to play along.  I haven't made a card with a triangle in the background, so I decided that I should try it.  I knew I wanted to use some designer series paper, but the problem was that I didn't want to chop it up into odd angles and waste any.  My solution was to pick some paper that I could use both sides of, so that is what I did.  I grabbed a piece of red dsp from the Polka Dot Parade pack and started cutting.  I flipped the two corners over and swapped them places so that they fit back together for my background.  I love this pack of paper and I also love that the two patterns coordinate well together.  Since this paper dictated my colors, I decided to add some black and make it a wedding card.  I thought it was kind of strange to have a black cake, but it is what worked with this card, it also seems like cakes are done up in any color these days, so maybe black and red isn't too over the top.  My cake comes from Topsy-Turvy Celebration and the Congrats comes from Sassy Salutations.  Can you tell that I really like those two sets together?  To finish off the card, I added a bit of 1/8" black taffeta ribbon.  Have you made a triangle backgound before?

No comments:

Post a Comment