Thursday, July 26, 2012

Joy and Good Cheer

The pack of Designer Series Paper called Be of Good Cheer is such a fun assortment of paper.  I used three different patterns from it for the background on this card.  Earlier this week I made another card with this same color scheme--Very Vanilla, Gumball Green, and Cherry Cobbler. This time, I wanted to use it for a Christmas card.  Gumball Green is such a great Christmas Color and just an all around good green.  I chose Stampin' Up!'s Delightful Decorations set for my stamped images and punched them on Very Vanilla card stock then punched them out with the 3-/4" and 2-1/2" circle punches.  I layered the small one on a piece of gumball green card stock that I punched with the 1" circle punch.  All of my circles are mounted with Stampin' Dimensionals so that they are raised just a bit off the card.  Finally, I tied a bow with the 3/8" stitched Gumball Green ribbon and stuck it down with a mini glue dot.  This card layout was inspired by this week's Mojo Monday challenge.  Merry Christmas in July--there are only 5 months until Christmas :)

2 comments:

  1. The papers are really cheerful, and your card is beautiful:)
    http://carolescreativecritters.blogspot.com/2012/07/color-throwdown-and-mojo-monday.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so beautiful! I'm really loving the Cherry Cobbler and Gumball Green and since I began making Christmas cards a few weeks ago for Operation Write Home (because deployed troops send them home, there's a time lag), I've been using a lot of it. I used it, and Midnight Muse on my blog challenge cards this week.

    ReplyDelete