Sunday, September 23, 2012

Butterfliy Bonanza

Ahhh, Pinterest.  Why is it that you have so many fun and wonderful ideas that I don't have time to do, and yet you make it seem that everyone else has all the time in the world to make the cutest little favors and fanciest desserts for every occasion.  I really do love the sharing and inspiration that come from Pinterest, it's can just be overwhelming at times. 

I found a card on there that inspired this creation.  I saw the card in passing, so of course now I can't go back and find it since I didn't repin it, so thank you to the kind soul who posted such a fun idea!  The original card was made with circles instead of butterflies.  I took the basic idea, colored punches on black and then textured, and then mixed it up a bit.  I punched a bunch of colors with the Elegant Butterfly Punch (pink pirouette, wisteria wonder, pool party, daffodil delight, certainly celery, tangerine tango, wild wasabi, melon mambo) and then glued them to a strip of black card stock.  I ran that through my Big Shot with the square lattice textured impressions folder and then tied some Wisteria Wonder ruffled ribbon around it before mounting it on my white card base.  I stamped the "thinking of you" from Stampin' Up!'s Sweet Essentials set in Wisteria Wonder and there you have it.  A bright and bold, yet simple card.


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment