Monday, September 24, 2012

Polka Dot Christmas Tree

It usually seems like the calendar and the actual weather don't communicate when it is time for the seasons to change.  Surprisingly, this year they agreed.  Saturday was the first day of Fall and boy did today feel like Fall.  We went outside to play this morning and actually needed to wear sweatshirts.  The air was cool and crisp, but luckily not too cold (especially since my toddler decided to take off his shoes and jacket and run around like it was still 90 degrees).  I love these days when the windows can be open and the cool breezes keep the house at a comfortable temperature.  I'm hoping we'll have several more weeks of this in-between before we really have to bundle up.  I think I'll need to hit the shoe stores soon because my kids have outgrown their shoes while we've been in sandals for months.  I'm not even sure if #2's socks still feet--oh well, they can stretch, right?  Mr. Winter, please don't come too soon this year!

Since Fall is upon us, I've felt a bit more inclined to start stamping Christmas.  I still need to mount a couple of my Christmas sets, but I did manage to mount Scentsational Seasons over the weekend.  I sure like this set with the bold simple images.  I'm finding that I'm spending more time on the layout and background of the card and just a little time actually stamping--which is kind of fun.  I grabbed a couple of the current In Colors to make this card--Gumball Green and Raspberry Ripple.  I stamped my tree, star (in Daffodil Delight) and then added the greeting from Embellished Events.  My background papers are from the In Color Patterns dsp stack.  I used the scallop trim border punch along the side of the white card stock and finished everything off with some stitched satin ribbon (which you can get for FREE this month with a $40 order).  


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment