Thursday, September 27, 2012

Happy Jack

I can't believe that September is almost over.  Over the past week, I've realized it is time to start thinking about Christmas, but I got carried away with making Christmas cards and forgot about Fall.  In fact, I'm having a stamping class tonight and the theme is Fall, so I really needed to switch gears and put off Christmas for a bit.  I pedaled backwards a little and here I am with some Halloween fun.  Have your kiddos picked out their costumes yet?  If October is anything like September, the end of the month will be here before we know it.  October means more falling leaves, costumes, cooler days (hopefully not too cool) and a birthday for my #1--can't believe she's getting so big!

I'm finding that I have a tendency to use certain products on most of my cards.  What are my favs you might ask?  Well I'll tell you...

Shauna's Must Have Stampin' Up! Products:
*Patterns Designer Series Paper Stacks--in ALL of the color collections (or you should have at least one collection, I'm just addicted so I had to have them all)
*Textured Impressions Folders for the Big Shot--changes boring backgrounds to subtle patterned fun
*Ribbon--currently I love the stitched grosgrain (great price), stitched satin ribbon (so pretty and great colors), and the 1/8" taffeta ribbon (love the white edges and narrow style)
*Scallop edge punch or scallop trim border punch
*2-1/2" Circle Punch--not shown on this card, but scroll through the last couple months and you'll see I use it a LOT!
*Cardstock, ink, stamps, etc.

Okay, on with the info about this card.  I stamped the pumpkin from the Jack of All Trades set with Pumpkin Pie, Gumball Green, and Basic Black ink.  That is mounted on Gumball Green card stock and then mounted on Pumpkin Pie card stock textured with the chevron embossing folder.  I picked that folder because I love the chevron style smile the my Happy Jack has and I wanted to mimic it.  My side border was made with some patterns dsp (gumball green from the In Color stack) layered on white punched with the scallop edge punch.  I tied some white stitched grosgrain around that before mounting it to my card.  Finally, I mounted everything to my white card base.  A lot of times my card base is made with colored card stock, but I try to use white a lot as well because you can more easily see the writing on the card if it is white.

No comments:

Post a Comment