Friday, October 3, 2014

Indigo Thanks


Last week I came across this card made by Wanda and knew I had to try making one using the blue and black.  I decided to pair that along with the Freshly Made Sketch challenge and this is what I came up with.  I stamped the watercolor image in Island Indigo for the background using the Work of Art set and then stamped the image from For All Things in Basic Black.  I love the black against the blue, it gives it kind of a shadow look.  I stamped the greeting and punched it with my 1-3/4" circle punch and layered it onto a Island Indigo circle that I cut with the circles collection framelits.  The strips of patterned paper are from the Patterns DSP stacks and the black flower punch is from the Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack.  I love how easily cards can come together with a little help from sketch challenges.


Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Cool design and great take on the sketch! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card! I love the colours you've used as well as the stamps - they work so well together. Thanks for joining us at FMS this week!

    ReplyDelete