Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Blossom Punch Out

I'm back to posting samples using the Mixed Bunch set :)

When I started this card, I had stamped one of the large flowers from Mixed Bunch and then punched it out with the fabulous new blossom punch.  I set the scrap down and found that it looked great and I had to use it (little did I know that the stamped flower was what I was going to discard this time around--I ended up using that for a different card).  I love how the punched out shape shows the bold Melon Mambo that is layered underneath.  The yellow center is actually the only part of this card that came from the Mixed Bunch set.  "Best Wishes" is from Short and Sweet.  As you can probably tell from so many of my card samples, one of my favorite products is the Patterns Designer Series Paper.  It comes in stacks of 20 sheets sold by color family and is a great value compared to the other paper.  I used a small scrap of Melon Mambo Patterns DSP and layered it onto some Melon Mambo card stock punched with the scallop edge punch.  The card base is Daffodil Delight.  This card just screams Spring or Summer to me.  Are you ready for warmer weather yet?  I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment