Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Mixed & Modified

I {think} I'm addicted to stamping.  Can you really be addicted if you only get 15-30 minutes total in a given week to stamp?  'd like to be addicted to it (in the sense that I'd like to spend more time doing it).  Now that I've started using some of my new Occasions Mini and Sale-a-Bration sets, I can't wait to stamp more.  I'd love to take hours to sit and explore the possibilities, but my kids have other plans for me at this time.  I have so many ideas bookmarked that I want to try, but it is the actual stamping that I just can't convince them to let me do.  On Sunday, I had a few minutes to stamp, so I didn't want to waste any time.  I looked through leftover pieces of cards from my previous card classes, and I came across the pieces that turned into this card.  I almost felt like I was cheating, because I already had the card base put together--all it needed were the stamps.  Score!  I was so excited that I could pull out a few ink pads and my new Mixed Bunch set and have this card finished and ready to photograph in UNDER 5 minutes!  Do you want to see what the card was originally going to be?  I had good intentions to make up a bunch of these and then never got around to it.  Now that the holidays are long past, it was fun to change it up and turn the same colors and layout into a bright springy card.  I used Melon Mambo, Pear Pizzazz, and Daffodil Delight.  Now I want to go see what else I can come up with for my leftover scraps.

1 comment:

  1. I love this card! Could we make it at the mystery hostess party???

    ReplyDelete