Thursday, June 14, 2012

Dynamic Duo Cake



I came across a fun new challenge that I'm looking forward to participating in over the next few weeks.  I love fun color combinations and it is fun to be given a few colors and make myself use them.  This challenge is the Dynamic Duos challenge that can be found here.  This week's challenge was to use Regal Rose and Basic Gray on a card.  These two colors really pop together and I'm sure I'll be combining them a little more often now. 

I made this card with the new Topsy Turvy Celebrations set.  I just love the cake in this set (and I seem to like it as a 3-layered cake as that is all I've done so far).  I used the Sassy Salutations set for the greeting and punched the edges with the designer label punch (you have to cut a 1-1/4" strip and then insert it in the back of the punch to just punch one side at a time, that way you can use the punch for even bigger images than the punch normally allows).  I used the Chevron embossing folder for the gray background, the scallop edge punch on the rose card stock under the cake, and the brights patterns dsp stack for the polka dot paper. 

1 comment:

  1. Shauna that is one beautifully layered cake! Love the embossed background, too. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Dynamic Duos! :)

    ReplyDelete