Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Flower Stripe Strips

Do you ever find that you are working on a card and you can't find just the right pattern paper to match?  Well, try making your own!  That's what I did on this card.  Most of the time I would just go to my patterns designer series paper stacks and find a single colored pattern, but I wanted a little more color on this card.  The stripes at the bottom of the card are actually strips of card stock.  I just cut up some scraps in various sizes and then glued them onto a sheet of card stock and then cut it to size for my card.  Pretty easy, and it gives you an original pattern paper to use.  I chose a color palate of Raspberry Ripple, Gumball Green, Pool Party, and Midnight Muse.  I used the new Embellished Events set for the image (and colored it with my Stampin' Write markers for the multi-colored look).  The greeting is also from Embellished Events, and it is punched out with the word window punch.  To finish off the card, I tied a piece of gumball green satin stitched ribbon around the card. 

No comments:

Post a Comment