Saturday, June 2, 2012

In Color Pinwheels

I love pinwheels.  I love them even more lately because my children love them.  It's fun to see my little guy light up when he is holding one and I have to be sure to have two out so that both kids can play together.  We participated for the fifth year in the March for Babies to celebrate my daughter and we passed out pinwheels to all of the kids who walked with our team.  I knew it was going to be a windy day so the pinwheels were perfect!  They became our little team trademark since they were on our Ambassador Avenue poster as well.  Now pinwheels hold an extra special place in my heart, so I couldn't resist ordering the Sweets for the Sweet stamp set so that I could stamp my own pinwheels.

Since I just received my new In Colors, I had to put them to use.  I love how all 5 rich colors work so well with each other.  The pinwheels on this card are stamped in Gumball Green, Midnight Muse, Primrose Petals with sticks in Summer Starfruit.  The card base is Primrose Petals and the yellow layer is Summer Starfruit.  The greeting comes from the set A Word for You and is stamped in Midnight Muse ink.  I finished off the card with some of my new favorite ribbon (I wish I would have ordered it in more colors) the 3/8" satin stitched ribbon.

No comments:

Post a Comment