Sunday, July 29, 2012

Baby Blues Sailboat

I think the sailboat image in the Stampin' Up! Moving Forward set is perfect for baby boy cards!  I wanted to participate in the current sketch challenge over at Freshly Made Sketches, so I paired this set with two of the 2011-2013 In Colors--Pool Party and Island Indigo.  I stamped my sailboat in Island Indigo Ink and then punched it out with the 2-1/2" circle punch.  Do you have a 2-1/2" circle punch?  I'm finding that it is a staple that I've been using a ton lately!  I added a 3" square of patterns dsp from the In Color collection, layered it on white and then Island Indigo, then tied some Pool Party seam binding ribbon around it.  I stamped the greeting (that comes from Stampin' Up!'s A Word for You set) with Island Indigo ink on my Pool Party card base, then ran the front of the card through my Big Shot with the polka dot textured impressions folder.  It's a pretty quick and simple card, but that's what I need around here.  I'm one who realizes I need a card just before I run out the door to a baby shower or other event!

3 comments:

  1. What a clean and sweet baby card! I love how you matted the Island Indigo polka dot paper! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an adorable card! Love, love the colors! Glad you joined us this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a beautiful baby card. The colors are soft and bold at the same time and are perfect for this image! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete