Saturday, July 14, 2012

Reason to Smile Solo Daisy

Here's another idea with the promotional Reason to Smile set.  I've made a bunch of different cards with this set, but all have just used ink pads for the color (something that I do a lot of).  This time I decided to pull out my watercolor wonder crayons and aquapainter and give those a try again.  I really do like the watercolor wonder crayons, I just find that the majority of my stamps are bold and don't need to be colored in. Anyway, I stamped the daisy in black and then watercolored it, adding a little bit of very watered down blue around the edges of the stamp for a bit of a shadow.  I layered it onto Marina Mist and tied some black 1/8" taffeta ribbon around it, then layered it onto some black card stock.  The blue designer series paper comes from the Polka Dot Parade pack and is layered on some white that I punched with the scallop edge punch.  Finally, everything is mounted on my Wild Wasabi card base that I (surprise) textured with the polka dot embossing folder.  Have you watercolored lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment