Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Coral Crumb Daisies

Today's color challenge on splitcoast is to combine Calypso Coral, Crumb Cake, and White.  I LOVE these two together!  I used the new Reason to Smile set (only $5 this month with a $50 order).  I do have to admit that I just opened my Calypso Coral ink pad.  I can't believe that I haven't opened it sooner.  I guess I've used the card stock and markers, but not the ink--perhaps I didn't realize what I was missing!  That's one thing that I love about color challenges, it encourages me to put together colors that I wouldn't otherwise and it gets me using some of my less-used colors.  This is a simple card to make.  Just stamp the daisies, layer on some coral card stock, add a strip of coral punched with the scallop edge punch and a bit of my favorite patterns designer series paper.  The ribbon I tied around the base of the card is actually some that I got for free during Sale-a-Bration.  Finally, I added the thank you greeting from Embellished Events and punched it out with the bitty banners framelits on my big shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment