Monday, July 30, 2012

Embellished Events Circles and Cake

Circles seem to be my thing lately.  I've combined four different circles on this card--The 2-1/2" circle punch, the circles on the Pumpkin Pie paper from the Polka-Dot Parade DSP pack, the polka-dots on the Daffodil Delight paper from the Polka-Dot Parade DSP pack, and finally the textured polka dots from the embossing folder I used on my card base.  I layered the designer series paper onto white card stock so that it stands out more from the next layer.  I tied some white stitched grosgrain around the pumpkin layer and punched the daffodil layer with the scalloped edge punch.  I chose Melon Mambo, Pumpkin Pie, and Daffodil Delight as my colors--I love how vivid and fun these three colors are together.  My stamps are both from the Embellished Events stamp set.  I wanted my cake to have a multi-colored look, so I colored it with the cake with my Stampin' Write markers.  The greeting is punched with the oval and scalloped oval punch and the cake is punched with the 2-1/2" circle and both are mounted with Stampin' Dimensionals. Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment