Thursday, August 9, 2012

Color Blocked Papillon Potpourri

Have you seen the new Papillon Potpourri stamp set by Stampin' Up!?  It's full of gorgeous butterflies and coordinates with the new Elegant Butterfly punch (LOVE it when those punches work with sets)!  I played along with the color challenge at colourQ and used Summer Starfruit, Certainly Celery, Gumball Green, Midnight Muse for my color palette.  I've used most of the colors together in the past, but haven't thought to add celery to the mix--and I love it!  I stamped the butterfly in each of the colors and punched it out before layering it on color blocks (each 1-3/4"x1-1/4")  I mounted those on white and then on Midnight Muse card stock and tied some Gumball Green stitched satin ribbon around it.  The greeting comes from Embellished Events (the greetings in that set are the perfect size to use with the Bitty Banners Framelits).  I used my scallop edge punch on some white card stock before mounting everything to my card base.  Since I had some empty space on the Certainly Celery card base, I decided to texture it with the Fancy Fan embossing folder to give it a more finished look.  Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. gosh this is soooooooooo pretty...hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet sweet butterflies. Thank you so much for joining us this week at the colourQ.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have I seen it? This is one of my favorite new stamps sets! The butterflies look great on your color-block background! Thanks for joining us at colourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun card Shauna, love those butterflies! Thanks fro sharing your card with us this week at the colourQ.

    ReplyDelete