Saturday, August 11, 2012

Daffodil Layered Butterfly

Daffodil Delight is such a great color.  I love how bright and cheery it is along with how many colors it seems to coordinate with.  I paired it with Basic Gray to make this card based on the Mojo Monday sketch.  I stamped my buttefly (from Stampin' Up!'s Papillon Potpourri set) directly onto daffodil cardstock.  I then used my Elegant Butterfly punch to punch it out and layer it on a 1-3/4" circle and a 2-3/8" scallop circle and finally a 2-1/2" gray circle.  My yellow polka dot square is from the Polka Dot Parade designer series paper pack and the gray polka dots come from the Neutrals patterns dsp stack.  My greeting comes from Stampin' Up!'s Embellished Events set and is stamped on a banner made from the Bitty Banners Framelits (for the Big Shot).  I'm a huge fan of the stitched grosgrain, so I had to add some of that in Basic Gray to my card.  I actually cut a little slit in the fold of the card and laced my ribbon through that--partly because I wanted the ribbon going in that direction and I didn't cut my card stock length-wise and partly because I like how it keeps it in place.  My card base is textured with the Elegant Lines embossing folder in my Big Shot.  I like how the textured backgrounds really seem to give cards a more finished look.

No comments:

Post a Comment