Friday, October 19, 2012

Snowflake Panels and Polka Dots

I stumbled upon a new sketch challenge site today and had to try out the current sketch from Unscripted Sketches. I liked the panel look of the stamped layer, it makes it so visually interesting to look at.  I decided to make a winter card with the Snowflake Soiree set.  My greeting comes from the Sweet Essentials set.  I used the "Make a Wish" stamp and just inked the "wish"part of the stamp (although I'm not wishing for snow anytime soon).  I punched it out with the designer label punch--punched the tall way.  I picked three blues for my snowflakes--Baja Breeze, Marina Mist, and Midnight Muse.  The Marina Mist polka dot paper is from the Polka Dot Parade DSP pack.  I tied some Midnight Muse stitched satin ribbon around the card and tucked it under my punched greeting to finish it off. 



Pin It

2 comments:

  1. So very happy that you happened upon our challenge blog and posted this beautiful card! The colors are beautiful. You really captured a perfect clean & crisp 'snowflake' feel to your card! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Unscripted Sketches. We would love to have you play along with us again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous card...the snowflakes are beautiful! I love your take on this week's sketch. Thank you for playing at Unscripted Sketches♥

    ReplyDelete