Thursday, October 4, 2012

Texture, Patterns, and Christmas

It's been a week or so since I sat down and created a card, so it was fun to play along with the Dynamic Duos challenge this week to get myself back in the groove.  This week's challenge was to use Cherry Cobbler and your choice.  I decided to make a Christmas card, so I paired Cherry Cobbler with Gumball Green (with Very Vanilla as my neutral).  I love the Be of Good Cheer designer series paper, so I picked a couple of patterns from that for my card.  I stamped the polka dot Christmas tree from the Scentsational Seasons set and added "Merry Christmas" from Embellished Events and punched them out with the 2-1/2" circle punch.  I used some Gumball Green stitched satin ribbon to "tie" my patterns together and then added some vanilla banners (cut with the Bitty Banners framelits).  I mounted everything on my Cherry Cobbler card base that I textured with the perfect polka dots textured impressions folder.



Pin It

2 comments:

  1. What a sweet holiday card! I love the cute little tree and the fun patterned papers you used! The simple knotted ribbon is a perfect touch too! :) Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutley beauitful! Love the design and pattern papers! Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos!

    ReplyDelete