Sunday, October 21, 2012

Textured Raspberry Petals

My very favorite products for the Big Shot are the Textured Impressions Embossing Folders.  I love adding a bit of texture to an otherwise plain background, it really adds a lot to a card.  This week over at Hand Stamped Sentiments there was a technique challenge--to ink up an embossing folder.  This was a fun challenge as I haven't inked up a folder before. 

I started this card by taking my Petals-a-Plenty embossing folder and rubbing my Raspberry Ripple ink pad all over it.  I wasn't sure which side I'd want to use for my card, so I actually inked up both sides before putting my white card stock in it and running it through my Big Shot.  I chose the side that had inked the flowers, leaving the background white.  I mouned that on some Raspberry Ripple card stock and used my scallop edge punch along the bottom.  Then I tied some Raspberry Stitched Satin Ribbon around the layer before mounting in on black, white, and finally my Raspberry card base.  I wanted to keep the petals as my focal image, so I just added a greeting from the Made for You set to finish off the card.  That is punched with the oval punch and the scalloped oval punch and adhered with Stampin' Dimensionals.  Have you tried inking up an embossing folder yet?



Pin It

5 comments:

  1. So pretty! I love that the beautiful embossing is the main focal point of the card - nothing else needed! Great job! Thanks for playing at HSS :) Erika

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I echo Erika?!? I love this card, it plays up the technique beautifully. Thanks for playing with us at HSS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this embossing folder with this technique. Never thought to use it. Will have to play with this one as it makes a gorgeous card. Thanks for playing with us this week at HSS.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very Pretty!!! Great color combo!!! Great job on the inked embossing folder. Thanks
    for playing along with Hand Stamped Sentiments, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the monotone color choice. Beautiful card. I love red, white and black palettes! You did a great job with the challenge. Thank you for joining us at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

    ReplyDelete